Language Certificates

Admission & Language requirements for Boarding Schools

As an admission requirement for boarding schools in English-speaking countries, various standardised tests can be required. The admissions office of the school provides information on special language admission tests. Depending on the boarding school, the "Secondary School Entrance Examination" (ISEE) or the "Secondary School Admission Test" (SSAT) is required. International pupils must often prove their English language abilities with the help of the "Secondary Level English Proficiency Test" (SLEP) or the "Test of English as a Foreign Language" (TOEFL). From English-speaking boarding school candidates between 14 and 16 years, the “Senior English Test“ (SET) can be required.

Other language certificates for children

Here you can find a list of English language certificates designed especially for younger learners.